Thursday, December 23, 2004

Christmas Breakfast

This morning at 7 am we had our company Christmas Breakfast. We eat, exchange cheap gifts, gab and then go to work. My friend and co-worker Harvey and I played a couple of saxophone/cello duets this year, The Christmas Song and Jingle Bell Rock. Everyone applauded, happy to have some live entertainment and appreciative of our efforts. For the most part, I was happy with the part I had written to accompany Harvey's melodies, and with how I played today. Damn, a sax is loud compared to a cello (or almost anything else), but we sounded pretty cool, I think. Just a couple of songs, maybe five minutes total and everybody seemed to make a lot of fuss. None of it was needed. For that matter, we never needed to play in the first place. But it was fun. Maybe we'll do it again next year, maybe not. I guess we'll see if we are asked to again.