Sunday, September 04, 2005

Loners On Wheels September 1

I had a great time playing for this RV group at the Mason County Fairgrounds. Though gas prices were a concern, I played to a full house. I would like to thank Audrey for hiring me to play to this highly appreciative audience. The large indoor stage was the exact same one I performed on at the Mason County Fair, so I was very comfortable, and everyone was very friendly and enjoyed my unaccompanied cello solos greatly. My program included the following songs:
Wonderful Tonight (Eric Clapton 1977)
Get Happy ( Ted Koehler, Harold Arlen 1929)
Scarborough Fair/Canticle (Paul Simon 1966)
Ain't Misbehavin' (Thomas "Fats" Waller & Harry Brooks, Andy Razaf 1929)
A Hazy Shade of Winter (Paul Simon 1966)
It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing) (Duke Ellington, Irving Mills 1932)
Bridge Over Troubled Water (Paul Simon 1969)
Unforgettable (Irving Gordon 1951)
Dance In F (David Vincent Pierik 2005)
Volare (Nel blue, Dipinto Di Blu) (Domenico Modugnno 1958)
Human (James Harris III & Terry Lewis 1986)
Just One Of Those Things (From "Jubilee") (Cole Porter 1935)
Stand By Me (Ben E. King, Mike Stoller & Jerry Leiber 1961)
The Way We Were (Alan & Marily Bergman, Marvin Hamlisch 1973)
Saving All My Love for You (Gerry Goffin & Michael Masser 1978)
Spinning Wheel (David Clayton-Thomas of Blood, Sweat & Tears, 1967)
By The Light of the Silvery Moon (Ed Madden & Gus Edwards, 1909)
Whatever Will Be, Will Be (Que Sera, Sera) (Jay Livingston & Ray Evans 1955)
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral--That's An Irish Lullaby (J.R. Shannon 1913)
Five Foot Two, Eyes Of Blue (Has Anybody Seen My Girl) (Sam M. Lewis, Joe Young 1925)
True Colors (Billy Steinberg & Tom Kelly 1986)
Don't Get Around Much Anymore (Bob Russell & Duke Ellington, 1942)
Allenabde (2nd movement from the 1st of 6 Suites for Cello) (Bach)
Minuet No. 2 (Bach)
Sonata in G (David Vincent Pierik 2005)

Having such a receptive audience made this performance especially enjoyable for me, and I really look forward to more like this one.