Sunday, December 03, 2006

First Friday, Old Town Hobby Shelton

I would like to thank Richard, Judy and Alexander for having me play my unaccompanied cello solos 6-8 Friday December first. Once again, this was a fun event to kick off the 2006 Holiday season. In addition to the large variety of Christmas music such as White Christmas, O Holy Night, and Frosty The Snowman and one Chanukah song, Hava Nagila, I played several old standards, such as What A Wonderful World, and a couple of Beatles melodies. Also, I played my own arrangements on a few themes such as Batman, Star Trek, Henry Mancini's The Pink Panther. See entry from last year for more about Old Town Hobby and my playlist. This year, I used my microphone and amplifier so people could hear me in the hall outside the store.

The above entry, from 2006, mostly holds true for 2007 also, except I started at about 5:30 pm. This year, I added a lot more double-stops and fiddle-style to a lot of the simpler songs. Next year, I will include new work-ups of some classic hard-rock ballads such as Ina Gotta Davita, Baby, Dream On, Whiter Shade of Pale, etc. by special request. If you haven't been to a First Friday in Shelton yet, don't miss it! It's always on the First Friday night in December.