Monday, November 26, 2007

Recent Performances

Thank you again Everett, for having me play your After Hours celebration again this year (Jan. 27, 2009). Ditto as all the comments in the following paragraph! I would also like to thank Ron at Alpine Way for continuing to hire me come play there. He tells me the residents keep asking for more.

Thank you to Leanne of Shelton Health & Rehabilitation Center for hiring me to play for your Valentine's party February 13 2009. Thank you also to Gail at Maple Glen for the gig on the 14th. To each of you, and to everyone who showed so much gratitude for my performances, thank you.

I would like to thank Everett Hughes, E.A. for hiring me to perform for his Mason County Chamber After Hours celebration of 26 years as an Enrolled Agent and tax accountant. Everett is one of the most intellegent, interesting people that I know. The fact that his little office filled up with so many well-wishers so quickly is a tribute to the real following he has developed over time.
--Dave 3/26/08

Congratulations to Deborah on her retirement after a 30 year career with the State of Washington. I would like to thank Pete Chakos for hiring me to play cello for Deborah's party, and for all the wonderful refreshments and cake. The Capital House Apartments in Olympia had a wonderful recreation room, carpeted, about 40' square with an elevated stage and stained glass windows. The acoustics were great, so I didn't need to bring my amplifier. I played mostly classical the first half or so, and a '40s-'70s/Beatles mix the second half. There were a couple of requests I will be adding to my repertoire in the near future. Thank you for all the great feedback!
--Dave (Nov. '07)