Thursday, June 23, 2005

Alderbrook Resort & Spa, Tuesday June 21, 6-9pm

After work, I changed, packed up and headed right up from Shelton to Union on McReavy road, just over a 10 minute drive. The stage area is at floor level, with full windows viewing Alderbrook Resort & Spa's dock and Hood Canal. Alderbrook's staff impressed me early with service that was always a step ahead. I would like to thank Sam Askew, who saw to it that everyone could hear me through the P.A. system, and that the right stage lights were on, Jesse for keeping me supplied in sodas, salad and salmon, and Elvis for being there. Also, I would like to thank Diane DeValck for her program suggestions, many of which were already in my music and were received well. Though the audience was not large, several people came up to me to let me know they enjoyed my playing very much. For my next dates at Alderbrook, I am adding a lot of new material, and I also plan to scramble my song order a bit on each of the days: July 12, 13, 15 and 16--Monday Tuesday, Friday and Saturday from 6-9pm. I'm looking forward to sampling Alderbrook's coffees that week. My new tuxedo shirt arrived yesterday (Wednesday 6/20) and I have to say it's a lot nicer than the old one; it's somehow inspiring to me, and I feel like I'm at the beginning of something great. On second thought, maybe it's not the shirt. Maybe it's the great honor of playing at a venue of the caliper of the Alderbrook Resort & Spa.