Thursday, June 23, 2005

Taylor Station, Father's Day (6/19/05) 10am-1pm

I got up early Sunday and put on my tuxedo, with my new yellow bow tie, packed my cello, music and stand into the old Volvo and headed to Taylor Towne. For the first hour, I played solos in the dining area, where most of the people were enjoying breakfast. I was happy to add a few familiar songs to their experience. From 11am-1pm I performed in Taylor Station's outdoor garden/patio area, which rivals any setting anywhere for beauty with natural rock, plenty of well-chosen plants, a small bridge and a nice koi pond. It being Father's Day, I was happy that a couple of kids showed interest, and I played You'll Be In My Heart, the ever-popular Phil Collins tune from Tarzan. I had added a half a dozen or more songs to my program since my previous public appearance, including Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree and a few others. The intimate audience was very appreciative, and I look forward to my next solo dates there: July 10 & 24 and August 7 & 21, each from 10am-1pm in the garden/patio area.