Thursday, March 09, 2006

Lincoln Day Dinner at the Pavilion March 25, 2006

I would like to thank Steve Vandenover and the Mason County Republicans for hiring me to play cello solos during this VIP event at the Pavilion in Shelton which I would estimate was attended by 200 to 300 people or more. Among those attending were many of our past, present and future elected officials such as Tim Sheldon, Dino Rossi, Peggy and Wes Johnson, Jayni Kamin and many others. I feel truly honored to have been the person chosen to provide live entertainment for this illustrious $35/plate fundraising dinner and auction.

What an appreciative and polite audience this group was. The positive feedback I am still receiving is just terrific. "Thanks so much, loved your music." wrote one. A representative from Republican Radio addressed the group, mentioning that it was something really special have music like this, and that everyone was really pleased; a big round of applause followed. Another said, "You added just the touch of class we wanted for this event."

In addition to many of the songs listed in previous entries, selected almost entirely from United States composers, I performed my own arrangements of half a dozen or more patriotic pieces, including "The Star-Spangled Banner," "American Patrol," "Over There," and "America the Beautiful." I played from 5 pm to just after 7:30 pm. The only glitch I really had was that my stand light batteries burned out, so it was a bit harder for me to read my music, but it wasn't a major issue for me.

Thank you again, I'm glad you enjoyed my playing.

David V. Pierik
email: cellodad@juno.com