Sunday, January 29, 2006

Recent & Coming Performances

New Year's Eve, I played at Taylor Station, just south of where I live in Shelton. Those who were there enjoyed Beatles tunes, a few country songs and other requests, and of course Auld Lang Syne. Thank you again Pat (see earlier entries).

I have been asked by the Mason County Republicans to play for the Lincoln Day dinner, Saturday, February 25th starting at 5:30 p.m. at the Pavilion at Sentry Park in Shelton (See their site for details, I think it's something like www.masoncountyrepublicans.com); dinner is included at $35/plate. Along with favorites from my regular program, such as "Fly Me To The Moon," I have transcribed and added a number of patriotic arrangements for cello solo.

I will also be playing at Alpine Way at lunchtime on Sunday, May 7 starting at 11:45 in the lobby.

Recently, I have been busy composing a number of cello solos, cello-violin duets and quartets, and my goal is to use performance money earned this year to set up and produce a compact disc of my original works, some of which have already premiered at the Mason County Fair and the Hoodsport Friends of the Library. I am considering inviting patrons of the arts to name some of these works in return for sponsoring them. If all goes well, my cd will be available for purchase by the 2006 holiday season.

Email me at cellodad@juno.com for questions.