Sunday, March 18, 2007

Maple Glen Performances

I would like to thank Gail Strozyk for hiring me to play cello solos in the main hall at Maple Glen regularly. The room is pretty large, and is carpeted so I bring my amplifier. I perform a program of music familiar to the residents, who are very appreciative. They applaud nearly every song, and continue arriving the longer I play until there are 50 or so, including staff. Several members of the audience always ask when I will be back.

* * * * * * * *

My next performance at Maple Glen is:


FEBRUARY 14, 2008, 2-3 P.M.

* * * * * * *


December 31, 2007
From about 7-8 pm on New Year's Eve I played a mix of Bing Crosby-era holiday and non-holiday music, including "White Christmas" a lot of golden oldie standards, and of course "Auld Lang Sine" for New Year '08 (which we celebrated at about 8:15 or so). The residents listened very intently and everyone showered me in compliments.

Maple Glen Saturday, May 12 2-3 pm
Ditto the March 3 entry. Most of what I play is from the era of about 1920-1950. This very appreciative group of listeners is now getting much more familiar to me, and I'm developing a better instinct to play even more of what they enjoy most. Thank you so much for all of your compliments.
This was basically a Mother's Day performance, see other web log entries for more notes.