Friday, June 08, 2007

Alpine Way Performances

I play cello regularly at Alpine's Elegant Dinners (usually on a Wednesday), Evening Concerts (usually on a Monday) and Open House Lunches (usually on a Sunday). See previous entries for program notes; I pretty much focus on music from 1930-1950 for this very appreciative group of listeners. These are wonderful jazz standards that I continue to expand my repertoire with. It's their music, so that's what I play for them. But the more I play it, the more it becomes my music too...

I will be playing another Open House from about 12-1 pm on Sunday, December 9, 2007, which is free and open to the public.

My next Elegant Dinner performance should be the second Wednesday in January 2008 from 4:15-5:15 pm in the Willow Room.

I would like to thank Beth Johnston, RN, Manager and Ron Wilkes, Activities Director for hiring me to help keep the residents entertained.