Sunday, June 10, 2007

Shelton Farmer's Market

It rained Saturday, June 9 2007 at Shelton Farmer's Market downtown, but that didn't seem to dampen people's spirits that much. I played nonstop from about 10:15 am to 12:30 pm or so. Thank you to Katrinka Hibler for having me come and play, and to whoever arranged for there to be an Easy-Up to keep me dry. So yes, it rained. But so what, this is the Northwest and it is to be expected. To match the weather, I included some old standards like "I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine," "Hazy Shade of Winter" by Paul Simon, "What A Day For A Daydream" and plenty of songs from Bach to the Beatles. I also performed the Romberg Sonata, a personal favorite of mine. Around lunchtime, I played Henry Mancini's "Moon River" and an older one, "Moonlight Bay." People really appreciated my music, and that makes me feel good, I feel like I did my part to boost morale.
It was fun, and I look forward to next time. Thanks again!

I played at Shelton Farmer's Market again yesterday, Sat. Aug. 4th from about 10 to noon. The weather was wonderful and foot traffic was pretty good. I brought a vintage chair a friend gave me and I had recently repaired. I played pretty much without stopping and had a great time. On most of my songs, I felt like I was right on, in my groove though strangely I made a couple of slips where I never have before (nothing major though). Everyone really enjoyed my playing and I feel great to have become a positive part of the atmosphere by bringing a full program of historic to modern romantic pop melodies, all filtered through my acoustic cello. What a pleasure.