Monday, December 12, 2005

Alpine Way Open House, Sun. Dec. 11

I played at the SCU for about 75 residents, staff and families while they enjoyed lunch. The group were an outstanding, appreciative audience. After I finished up my performance at about 12:50 or so, I went through the buffet for the salmon lunch, which was outstanding (Alpine Way has a gourmet chef and terrific kitchen staff). The nice folks I spoke with at the table in the back part of the room, whom I was not able to even see while I played, told me they had been able to hear me quite clearly, and really enjoyed the music. Having considered and rejected the idea of bringing my amplifier, I was glad to hear that one "unplugged" cello playing Christmas music could be heard so well, even that far back from where I had sat. Thank you everyone.