Sunday, December 25, 2005

Cameo Boutique, Union WA, Sunday December 18

I would like to thank Pam for hiring me to play at her wonderful shop, Cameo Boutique, for a couple of hours last Sunday. The small stage there is perfect for an acoustic soloist, and the surroundings are beautiful. Her open house and sale, including my performance, were well-promoted, and her shop was quite busy during the early hours of the afternoon, just before I arrived. Though people continued to stop in between 4:00 and 6:00 as I played, the traffic had slowed considerably for several reasons including an "ice storm" in the weather forcast and other events nearby including a large private party across the street from Noon-9:00, and an event at Hunter Farms down the street, starting at 5:30 pm. Even so, I had a chance to spend some time with Cameo's employees, and we enjoyed each other's company and some wonderful gourmet offerings, including pretzels with several mustard dipping sauces (I liked the dill best). She also had homemade divinity and brownies, with hot spiced cider to wash it all down. We decided that if we do this again (which I hope we do), it should start earlier, maybe from 1:00 to 3:00.

Thank you again, Pam, Stella and everyone. I really did have a good time and I hope you did too.